Custom Packaging Automation
Aylward’s Custom Packaging Automation Department uses proprietary feeding and filling technologies to design and manufacture custom solid dose packaging equipment. Examples of recent projects include:
- Custom Transfer System to carry finished blisters from a blister machine to a thermo former cartoner at high speed.
- Complete Index Blister Feed System with special die cut pattern to cut out whole matrix/index at one time versus a single blister card. Design included a unique seal-registration system.
- Special feed system to insert lollipop-type stick into hard candy pain medication ensuring hole always faced the same direction to allow for stick to be inserted at the correct and consistent pressure. The system incorporated a custom FDA glue system, printer for the logo, and a vision system for optical character verification.
- Custom Ampoule Transfer System for a blister machine to accumulate product using an integrated adept robot system.
- Custom Encapsulation Machine incorporating a specialized feed system to insert up to 5 tablets into single capsule.
- Specialized Pouch Feed System to verify correct count inside the tube before tablet is inserted into pouch.
- Custom Tube Packaging Unit to insert triangular-shaped tablet into a round vile. System included a Compact Feed System and robotic pick and place unit.